As with your home, maintaining your shed is necessary for longevity and curb appeal. If you ordered your shed and have been waiting, you more than likely have been doing some research for creative ideas for storage and organization.
Here is a list of a few shed organization tips and ideas we find that may be of use to help you create your perfect space and maintain your shed for years to come.
- Underpinning or skirting for your shed is a great way to inhibit animals or critters to take up residence under your shed. Whether it be for curb appeal or simply a wire mesh screening, add a barrier securely around the band boards to help keep annoying small animals, such as squirrels and rodents, from moving in under your storage building.
- Fill that space! It’s time to start adding items to your storage building. If you customized your shed and added shelf units or a workbench, these offer storage plus organization options in your space. If not, there are other ways to create organization to your shed. Nails, wall hooks, pegboard, magnetic boards, empty jars are all great ways to help organize items in your shed. Do your research and decide what is the best solution for you.
- Maintain a walkway thru your storage shed to have access throughout. Keep interior clean with a broom or outdoor vacuum to help get rid of cobwebs, dirt, spiders, grime, etc. in your tool shed.
- Maintain exterior with an occasional pressure washing. A few years down the line you will want to apply a fresh coat of paint to help maintain your warranty and curb appeal.
- Organize the clutter. Over time you will accumulate items that may get outdated or of no use. Occasionally go thru and toss any unused items that could be hazardous or taking up useful space. If not hazardous, donate to neighbors, friends or your local thrift store. One man’s trash is another man’s treasures!
Maintaining your shed and organization are the key ingredients to a “Happy Shed Life” for you and the shed.
Need a new shed, cabin, or workshop? We offer new and used Sheds for Sale. We are here to help solve your storage needs. You can start with our online shed designer to design the shed of your dreams or visit one of our locations or online to view the inventory readily available for sale. We will be glad to help you get your project started.
Need customization? No problem! We have a variety of options to help create the storage space you need.